WEDDING PLANNING & EVENT MANAGEMENT


January 01, 2010

What's Up... Today?

Hey... I am usually writing about stuff that is going on in the fabulous world of weddings and parties, but I wanted to make this one a little more personal.

What's up with Always Fabulous Events today?

I am working on a Sweet 16 party that is scheduled for mid-May. We are planning a nightclub theme. Currently, we are looking for a venue. We have looked at 3 very different places so far and we have 2 more to see before we make a decision.

I am also helping friends plan a baby shower for a young lady I watched grow up (security blankie and all). I still can't believe she is all grown up and ready to raise a family.

My brother is also expecting his first child this month. This will be my first time being an aunt. I'm so excited!

Winter seems to be a popular time for spa parties. We have had done 3 this season and have 2 scheduled in January. A little "girl time" never hurts. A couples' spa retreat would be cool to do in February.

Speaking of February... we have a multicultural wedding celebration at the end of the month. The bride's family is Caribbean and the groom's family is from London, but the couple is as American as anyone born here. They are having a big party on Saturday night and an elegant ceremony and brunch on Sunday.

In between events, I am back at the Bridal Event to help brides-to-be with their DIY projects and answers to their planning questions.

I am very confident that 2010 will be FABULOUS! I'm looking forward to it.