WEDDING PLANNING & EVENT MANAGEMENT


December 20, 2008

The Daughter-In-Law Rules


101 Surefire Ways to Manage (and Make Friends with) Your Mother-in-Law
(I think the subtitle sells the book.)

I always read the back of the book before reading the contents. Here's what it says:

"Do you dread visits with your mother-in-law? Do you find yourself dodging
ruthless comments hurled your way at every possible moment? Is battling your
mother-in-law a simple fact of life, or is there another way to mitigate the age
old conflict between mother and wife? In her hilarious new book The
Daughter-in-Law Rules author Sally Shields lays out simple and witty strategies
to aid wives of all ages in the difficult art of mastering the mother-in-law.
With her 101 rules to manage your mother-in-law she scrutinizes every element of
MIL relations; from the decorum of housekeeping to the delicate world of child
rearing. The Daughter-in-Law Rules provides a revolutionary set of strategies,
making copasetic coexistence possible at last!"


I know a lot of people who need to buy this book yesterday. Personally, I don't have MIL drama. My MIL is one of the nicest people I know. Don't get me wrong. She is not a pushover in any way, shape, or form, but she is very helpful and caring. Maybe we get along so well because I am a sweetheart... or maybe she knows that being good to me makes her one and only son a happy camper too. Either way, I am grateful.

I want to thank Nicole @ Your Champagne Wishes Events LLC in Atlanta for introducing me to this book thru her blog.