WEDDING PLANNING & EVENT MANAGEMENT


November 22, 2008

Your Wedding Shoe Style

Can't decide on a wedding shoe style? I'll bet you can quickly name the "look" you're trying to create on your wedding day, and once you do that selecting the right shoe style is easy.



Classic Style
Pumps or slingbacks with closed toes are the most classic. That's not to say you shouldn't walk down the aisle in a strappy sandal or open toe, but you should keep the embellishments to a minimum and look for unfussy designs.

Vintage Style
This is a look that brides are requesting a lot these days and I love creating the hairstyles and choosing accessories to go along with it.

I look for shoes with a closed toe and if the toe is round or squared off that's even better. I also love updated Mary Janes with a buckle across the top of the foot and peep-toes are one of my favorite trends from years ago.

Choosing an ivory fabric, or having your wedding shoes dyed off-white or champagne is also a real vintage look that pairs beautifully with gold jewelry.

Diva Style
I'm always on the lookout for daring styles because I believe that a bride can be sexy without being over-the-top. Strappy sandals or styles that wrap around your ankle are always great, and the new trend toward metallics and crystal embellishments is just right for this look.

Of course, platforms, stilettos and any sort of high heels are probably the quickest way to achieve a diva style!

Casual or Beach Style
When I go on location to do hair and makeup I'm often traveling to a beach or park and recently I even did a small backyard wedding at the home of the bride's parents.

These casual gatherings are the perfect opportunity to choose simple, uncomplicated styles with minimal embellishment - easy on the sparkle.

I also suggest flats or low, broad heels especially if you're going to be on sand or grass where higher heels tend to sink and get dirty.

Fancy flip flops have also become a huge hit with brides because of their familiar, easy-to-wear style.

(Article & Photo Source: ModelBride.com)