WEDDING PLANNING & EVENT MANAGEMENT


July 26, 2008

For the Guys: Choosing the Right Outfit for a Wedding


{photo from Nordstrom.com}



I am always talking about what women should wear for weddings and other occasions, but I haven't given any advice to the guys. I'm sorry fellas.

As I was going through some of my unread emails, I came across a link to this article from About.com. Here is a brief overview of the tips:
  1. Summer wedding: Choose a cotton, linen, or seersucker suit in a light color. A black cotton suit is a good choice for an evening wedding.
  2. Winter wedding: Choose a dark suit in wool or wool-blend.
  3. Evening wedding (after 5pm): If it is formal, then wear a tuxedo. If less formal, then a dark suit is perfect. Opt for a shirt and tie that are a little fancier than what you might see in an office.

The article also includes a few items you should not even think about wearing to a wedding.